Duties & Responsibilities:
• Monitoring cash flow and bank account for SOS Children’s Village Entebbe
• Responsible for revenue collection and control
• In charge of Budget preparation and control.
• Routinely making payments to staff, suppliers etc and ensuring that all payments are authorised and backed up with proper receipts, invoices and other relevant documentation.
• In charge of Payment voucher control, ensuring that payment vouchers are available and well numbered.
• Store and file all the payment vouchers ensuring that they are secure and well labeled
• Maintaining fixed asset register for the Village
• In charge of monthly bank reconciliations.
• Ensuring that laid down procurement procedures is followed and supplier invoices are paid in good time.
• Manage all account payables and receivables
• Receipt all the KG school fees and ensure that the school fees reconciliation register is up to-date.
• Receipt and update Medical Centre revenue and cash book ensuring that they are banked within 24 hours.
• Offer technically support in implementing all banking requirements for the village
• Update the SOS Childrens’ Villages bank registers
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• The applicant should possess a good University degree in accounting, business administration, commerce or other equivalent professional qualification in accounting (e.g. at least CPA or ACCA level 2)
• A minimum of two to three years’ accounting experience in a busy organisation/setting. Additional experience in NGO community funded programmes including managing donor grants will be of great advantage.
• Prior experience and knowledge in the use of Navision accounting software.
• Excellent communication skills, written & spoken English
Age: between 26 – 35 years.